An attempt to list down all the public talks/presentations/workshops I did.
For a more recent list, please take a look at my digital garden
- Feb 15: Professional Student Summit, CUSAT, Kochi
- June 19: വായനാദിനം - കോട്ടയം മഹാത്മാഗാന്ധി യൂണിവേഴ്സിറ്റി - മലയാളം കമ്പ്യൂട്ടിങ്ങ്
- Aug 9: Tamil Virutal Academi meetup on Tamil computing
- Sep 12: NSS Collge of Engineering - Anniversary talk on FOSS Cell - Malayalam computing
- COVID-19 Lockdown time video interviews
- Dec 16: Malayalam computing, Kerala University
- Nov 1: While receiving Mathrubhasha Puraskaram, Kaladai Sanskit University.
- Oct 16: Malayalam computing, Government arts college, Malappuram.
- Oct 11: IEEE Malabar Hub Meet -2k19, GEC Palakkad
- Feb 24 – Malayalam computing, Excelsior 2019 by IEEE, GEC Palakkad
- Feb 16 – Malayalam computing, National conference on Sanskrit and language computing, Kaladi Sanskrit University.
- December 16 – Malayalam computing introduction, Kerala University
- July 20, Can computers understand Malayalam – Keynote speech, International Conference on Next Gen Information Systems and Technologies organized by Department of Computer Science & Engineering, NSS College of Engineering, Palakkad.
- June 14, 15 Graphemics in the 21st century—From graphemes to knowledge, held at Pôle numérique Brest Iroise at Brest, France, presented a paper titled: Malayalam Orthographic Reforms: Impact on Language and Popular Culture[pdf].
- March 17, 2018 National Conference on Indian Language Computing, CUSAT, Kochi, plenary session talk on Functional Morphology Analyzer and Generator for Malayalam using Finite State Transducer Technology
- March 2, 2018 ‘Spiral splines in typeface design: A case study of Manjari Malayalam typeface’.Paper presented at Typoday conference, Mumbai
- 6 February 2018, Malayalam morphology analysis – International Seminar on Malayalam language and globalization, University of Calicut.
- 21 December 2017, Malayalam Computing, Talk at Swathanthra 2017 International free software conference
- 13 August 2017,Bringing languages closer to enrich each other, Wikimania 2017, Montreal Canada
- August 20, 2016 Understanding the text rendering with Malayalam script as example. ICEFOSS 2016, FISAT Angamali, Kerala.
- November 3, 2016. 40th Internationalization & Unicode Conference, Santa Clara, CA, USA. Story of one hundred thousand translations(pdf), Google drive
- October 27, 2015 How We Built the Most Multilingual Translation System for Wikipedia, Internationalization & Unicode Conference(IUC39), San Jose, USA.
- July 12, 2015 Content translation, Revolutionizing article creation, Wikimania 2015, Mexico city
- May 11, 2015 Presented a paper on Machine aided content translation at Wikimedia at European Association of Machine Translation conference, Antalya, Turkey.
- Feb 27, 2015 ” മലയാളം കമ്പ്യൂട്ടിങ്ങ് സാധ്യതകള് വെല്ലുവിളികള്”, UGC Sponsored national seminar on Malayalam Informatics, Christ College, Irinjalakkuda, Kerala.
- Dec 19, 2014 “Building blocks of Indic language computing”, Swatantra 2014, Thiruvananthapuram
- Dec 16, 17 – 13th Anniversary programs of Swathanthra Malayalam Computing
- Dec 12, 2014 Inaugurated college website of VTB College Srikrishnapuram
- Oct 2, 2014 Inaugurated new classrooms of Katampazhippuram Junior school
- Aug 8, 2014 Machine aided content translation for wikipedia, Wikimania 2014, London
- May 7, 2014 W3C Multilingual web workshop, Madrid, Spain
- Jan 6, 2014 “Malayalam Computing”, FISAT College, Angamali
- Sept 28. 2013 Multilingual Computing, FYPM, ICFOSS, Thriuvananthapuram.
- Oct 14, 2013 മലയാളം കമ്പ്യൂട്ടിങ്ങ് സാധ്യതകള്, 12th Anniversary of SMC, Thrissur.
- Aug 7, 2013 MediaWiki i18n getting data-driven and world-reusable, Wikimania, Hong Kong Polytechnic University,
- March 2, 2013, Digital libraries and wikisource, Kerala Library Congress, Koratty, Thrissur.
- Jan 3, 2013, Kerala Bhasha Institute, Seminar on Malayalam language and computing, Kozhikkode
- Oct 7, 2013 Workshop on Multilingual Computing, Government Engineering College, Sreekrishnapuram.
- Sept 20, 2012 Making the Web Mulitlingual, San francisco state university.
- Feb 26, 2012 Internet Freedom- Kerala Sasthra Sahithya Parishath IT Convention, Cochin.
- Jan 23, 2012 Web,Malayalam and possibilities, Higher Secondary teachers training, Ottappalam
- Jan 7, 2012 Malayalam Computing Introduction, NSS College of Engineering, Palakkad
- Mar 26, 2011 Indic language computing and wikipedia to students of Pune Institute of Computer Technology(webinar)
- Jan 2, 2011 , International Congress onKerala studies, Thiruvananthapuram – Malayalam Computing, Unicode Issues, and Technical challenges.
- December 12, 2010, IIT Chennai – ILUGC Monthly meeting – Project Silpa
- September 25,26, 2010 : Project Silpa, PyCon India Conference, Banglore
- August 22, 2010: Indic Language computing Introduction and workout: Red Hat office , Pune. Students from engineering colleges attended. Praveen A cordinated and Red Hat sponsored the venue.
- July 9,2010: Offline wikipedia and wiki2cd software-Wokshop. Wikimania 2010, Gdansk, Poland.
- February28, 2010: Indic Language computing, Natural Language processing and python- Keynote speech at Carte Blanche , Madras Institute of technology. Chennai
- Project SILPA workout : FOSS.in 2009, Banglore
- National Conference on ICTs for the differently- abled/under privileged communities in Education, Employment and Entrepreneurship 2009 – (NCIDEEE 2009), Loyola College Chennai , Dec 1-3.
- Indic Language computing, FOSS meet @ Model engg College Aluva, 2009 January
- Developing Speech Enabled Applications For Indian Languages and Dhvani TTS FOSS.in 2008,IISC Banglore
- Dhvani: Indian Language Text to Speech System- Demo, Adding Language support, Usage , workshop. FOSS.in 2007, IISC, Banglore
- Dhvani TTS, FOSS Meet at NIT Calicut , March 2-4 2007